Saturday, July 08, 2006

Blu Palms


BLU PALMS


BLU PALMS © Scott Monteith

10" x 14 3/4" Monotype Print



the wildfires started last week. I noticed smoke when I went into town, as I got closer to my destination the smoke had turned from two tall, dark pillars to a light color and then seemed to blend with the clouds by the time I arrived. it turned out to be 700 acres in Joshua Tree National Park.

last year I witnessed one in the middle of the day on the way to Los Angeles going through the basin. later that night the road up the mountain to get home was closed. I thought the fire would have been contained by then and the wait would just be a little while. several hours later or about the time I thought it would have taken to drive around the park to get home the road was still closed.

in that time I saw a painting of mine. something that was in my mind that I put on canvas almost 15 years ago I saw before me as the flames nipped at the ridge of the mountain and shortly disappeared. it was a brief moment that sent a shiver down my spine. to top it all off the detour home was through the park with a full moon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I like this one, i like the others too, but this one was my favourite.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Scott Monteith said...

thank you Alex. I tried to convert your blog to English but I couldnt get it to work. glad the Zidane lexicons were in English or I would have missed them.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home