Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Bikini In LA


BIKINI IN LA


BIKINI IN LA © Scott Monteith

36" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas



I woke up this morning to news of another wildfire in the area. if I can't see or smell the smoke I don't worry too much. a few days ago there were two more wildfires in the park, they are still burning but they are contained. the fire today is in Pioneertown. I've only been to the area once, at night, and I didn't go see the actual town part. it is on that list I was talking about a few days ago too.

I have to stop making the lists and make plans. my list seems to be keeping a natural balance, Pioneertown and a hike in the Geology section of the park have both been scorched by fires this week but Im not crossing them off the list yet. although there has been some destruction they are both still worthy of seeing in whatever condition they may be. I need to start checking off my list while everything can be seen - at least in the coolness of an early morning trek.

so, my mantra for the day is do it while you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home