Tuesday, July 11, 2006

L E N Beans


L E N BEANS


L E N BEANS © Scott Monteith

30" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas



the first time I saw my work published it changed everything for me. when I post an image here it does the same thing. I become separated from the two or three dimensional piece that I labored on. I am able to see it in a new light and appreciate what I have been given.

the art above is no different. the areas that appear grey are actually flat black on a gloss black. in person you have to sway back and forth and catch the light to see it. just as changing the format/medium of the image, time and distance also make me more appreciative. what was created in a flurry of emotions or done spontaneously and unconscious, over time becomes apparent. symbols are carried over from piece to piece, ideas are reworked and occasionally pride will take over momentarily.

tell me what you see, comment below

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home